We understand that getting autographs from our guests is a major highlight of the convention for many attendees, not just because it’s a fantastic souvenir, but also because it’s a chance for that tiny bit of face time with the guest. Guests, too, value that rare opportunity to meet some of their fans.
However, demand nearly always outweighs supply, especially for extremely popular or extremely rare guests. Even the speediest and most accommodating guest can only sign so many things in a given period of time. In order to give the greatest number of fans the opportunity to meet the guest, we MUST keep the lines moving smoothly.
NekoCon’s official, scheduled autographing sessions are governed by the following rules:
NekoCon does not and cannot guarantee that you will receive an autograph from any particular guest. NekoCon’s official autograph sessions are free of charge to any attendee. However, individual guests may participate in private or industry-sponsored appearances in the exhibit halls, and there may be fees or purchases associated with those sessions. For-fee or purchase-required autograph sessions must always take place in the Exhibitors Hall. Also, music guests may do autographs after concerts outside of the Main Events room for a limited time.
Guests will always be glad to sign your NekoCon program book, as well as any officially licensed and properly credited products. They absolutely will NOT sign bootleg or unlicensed merchandise, nor material for which they are not properly credited. At their sole discretion, they may sign handmade, personal, or otherwise unusual items. If you are uncertain about a particular item, check first! (Guests may be offended if they’re presented with bootleg items.) As a last resort, check with the staffer in charge of the session. NekoCon staff may veto any item as unsuitable for signing, and such decisions are final.
- Unless a specific limit is posted for a particular guest, assume that you are limited to ONE ITEM PER PERSON.
- There will be no flash photography during official signing sessions, unless otherwise noted.
- There will be no photo ops during official signing sessions, unless otherwise noted.
- Do not monopolize the guest’s time if there are others waiting. (Assume that whatever you have to say must be said in 30 seconds or less, while the guest is signing your item. It’s a good idea to write down what you want to say.)
- Do not request excessive personalization, sketches, etc., unless the guest offers.
- If you are bringing an item for the guest to sign, please have it ready for signing when you are within sight of the guest. (For CDs and DVDs, you should remove the cover insert to save time; for unusual items, please ask the autograph staff for their recommendations.)
- Policies for specific guests may differ.
How Our Autograph Sessions Work:
Official line space will open up an hour before an autograph session is scheduled to begin. AMS will ask any lines that form before this time to disperse.
Once the official line space fills up, we will temporarily close off the line. If you show up after a line has closed, please come back 20 minutes before the autograph session ends to see if the line has reopened.
When interacting with the guests, please be considerate of the guest and the attendees behind you in the line. They have often been waiting as long as you have, and deserve their chance to interact with the guest, so please do not monopolize their time. Photography may be permitted at the discretion of the guest and as time permits.
NekoCon staff reserve the right to refuse access to any attendee who fails to follow the rules (or attempts to circumvent them). Anyone caught in the act is subject to having their attendee badge revoked.