1) The NekoCon convention (hereinafter NekoCon) and ESSI, does not condone the sale of any merchandise that violates United States copyright laws, nor the rights of the Byrne International Copyright Treaty. Items such as non-commercial VHS (fansubs), DVDs, LDs, CDs, models, posters, trading cards, T-shirts and toys are protected under both the Byrne International Copyright Treaty, and by paragraph code 17, sections 605 and 606 of the U.S. International Trade Laws.Items such as VHS tapes, DVDs, LDs, CDs, audio cassettes, CD-ROM, re-writable discs, floppy discs, EPROM storage chips, models, toys, all printed media including posters, cards, books, magazines, scrolls (fabric or paper) etc., T-shirts or other clothing with printed art, are protected under both the Byrne International Copyright Treaty, and by paragraph code 17, sections 605 and 606 of the U.S. International Trade Laws.
For more information on issues of Japanese copyrights, we recommend that you contact the Japanese Institute of Intellectual Property.
Tel: (202) 833-8565
Fax: (202) 833-8563
2) Any merchandise that can be considered illegitimate in the best judgment by the Exhibitor Coordinator, our attorney or any of the senior staff of the convention, or which has been brought to our attention by any industry representatives, must be removed from the Exhibitors Hall upon request. Any exhibitor that persists in the sales of said merchandise after being told to remove it, will be removed from the Exhibitors Hall, and ejected from the convention without a refund. Consider this notice your only warning.
3) At anytime you may be asked to produce a Bill of Sale, or Import Papers showing the item(s) came from Japan, and are for business and not for personal use. The item(s) must have a copyright notice somewhere on the packaging. This includes but is not limited to: (a) a Japanese tax sticker (b) a date of manufacture (c) the place of manufacture (i.e. 2017, Made in Japan, etc.) (d) information as to who the owning studio is (i.e. Bandai, Sony, Funimation, Discotek Media, Sentai Filmworks, Crunchyroll, Media Blasters, Viz Media, etc.) (e) not be a known counterfeit item.
4) Due to the controversy over the legitimacy of certain items, the products from the following companies are fully banned from the Exhibitors Hall: SonMay Records CDs (aka SM Records), EverAnime International CDs, HoSan CDs, Alion CDs, Hook-Ups T-shirts (or other clothing with printed art), and the Academy Models line of Gundam and other amine related kits. This also includes the following media types: the all region (HongKong, Taiwanese, Korean etc) DVDs (live action or animation), all printed media including posters, cards, books, magazines, scrolls (fabric or paper) etc., which read Kodak, Fuji, etc. on the back.
5) Booths MUST be staffed prior to opening the hall each day. We will not delay the hall opening for any exhibitor not at their booths by opening time. NekoCon, ESSI and the Hampton Roads Convention Center are not responsible or liable for any losses due to unmanned booths.
6) Children must abide by the following rules:
a) Children cannot rove around the Exhibitors Hall or Convention Center handing out flyers or selling merchandise.
b) Children may not play in the open areas of the Exhibitors Hall.
c) Children may attend events at the convention or remain at your booth.
d) Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
7) NekoCon, ESSI, and the Hampton Roads Convention Center prohibit the consumption and use of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances on the inside or grounds of the convention center.
8)Anyone removed from the convention for any reason will not be issued a refund.
The regulations we enforce are for the protection of the anime companies, the fans in attendance, and our exhibitors. We have worked long and hard to make an event that reflects the respect we have for an industry that has brought us decades of enjoyment, and we will show our support to the fullest. We are taking stronger measures every year in regards to the legitimacy of the merchandise sold in our Exhibitors Hall.
NekoCon is a private convention and reserves the right to make policy and regulation decisions that are different than the policies and regulations at other conventions. It is your responsibility to review our policies and regulations and determine if you are comfortable doing business with us. We will gladly accept your feedback on our policies and regulations, but make no guarantees that we will change any in your favor.
PLEASE NOTE: these policies and regulations are subject to change without prior written notice.
“DO’S AND DON’TS” OF THE HAMPTON ROADS CONVENTION CENTER:
1) No vehicles (ie; cars, trucks, vans etc.) are allowed to park on the walkway in front; you will be towed.
2) You must not park your vehicle in the spaces directly behind the center; you will be towed.
3) Use of nails, brads, tacks or any other type of fasteners on wall, floors, doors or windows is prohibited.
4) Use of any kind of tape on wall, floors, doors or windows is prohibited.
5) Unauthorized solicitations are prohibited (this includes “bussing” con-goers to your store off-site and walking around the center selling merchandise).
6) All food and drinks purchased outside the convention center are prohibited in the convention center.
7) There is absolutely NO SMOKING/VAPOR INHALATION in the Hampton Roads Convention Center.
8) The use of recreational drugs and alcohol on the grounds or inside the convention center is strictly forbidden; discovery of use will be an immediate ejection from the convention, and you will be turned over to the proper authorities.