Categories for the contest are as follows:
You may submit up to 3 videos, to 3 separate categories.
Submission guidelines are as follows:
All submissions must meet the following standards
– 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 720 x 480 resolution (16:9) or no less than 640×480 (4:3)
– 23.976 and 29.97 are strongly preferred; 24, 25, 59.94, and 60 are also acceptable.
– Non-Interlaced video (Progressive)
– 32000, 41000, or 48000 Hz audio
– MPEG 2
– Uncompressed avi
– Divx avi
– Xvid avi
– MP4 (no Quicktime-formatted videos will be accepted)
– Uncompressed wav (PCM)
– MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)
Submission rules are as follows:
1) This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT be tolerated! Any attempt to submit the work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED PERMANENTLY!!!
2) ALL entries must adhere the format above
3) PLEASE ONLY submit your video through GOOGLE DRIVE OR DROPBOX! If you submit any other way your submission will be viewed as null and void.
4) NO BUMPERS OR CREDITS permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals. This includes an editor names and video titles being placed before, after, or anywhere in your video as well.
5) The contest IS PG-13, but the following excessive materials are NOT allowed: nudity, excessive blood, major dismemberment of ANY kind, overly foul language/lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities, and any form of suicide. Videos with this content will be immediately disqualified. If the content is questionable it will be put in a special screening to see if it’s acceptable for showing to a con audience.
6) That being said, we reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change at ANY time.
7) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation, watermarks, logos (THIS INCLUDES ANIME TITLES), and Japanese-produced credits (ex opening and closing credits), or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles, will not be accepted and result in automatic disqualification. We will accept Japanese audio HOWEVER English audio is not allowed due to legalities.
8) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5 minutes, 30 seconds running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation.
9) DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns. HOWEVER, if you are there and would like an extra copy of the ballots you’re more than welcome to one (if we have leftovers)
10) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put your submission forms in a .txt document and attach it to your email submission along with the link to your entry. ALL txt documents and AMV submissions should be titled as such ” CATEGORY – EDITOR – AMV NAME “.
This makes it easier on us for organizational purposes!!!
Submission Form is as Follows:
You must include a separate form for EACH AMV that you submit. YOUR ENTRY(IES) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS FORM! The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
– Title of AMV
– Full legal name
– Nickname/Editor name/production studio name if applicable
– Mailing address
– Telephone number (including area code)
– Email address
– Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
– Name of source video footage
– Name of category you are submitting to
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information. Submit all entries or questions to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11) Award certificates will be presented during a formal award show at the convention. If the contestant is not attending the convention or must leave before the award show, their awards will be mailed or emailed as a .pdf out after the convention (at the expense of the editor if not emailed). If you choose to have your prize snail mailed to you contact us through email (email@example.com) WITHIN A WEEK AFTER THE CON. If you don’t, we assume you do not want your prize in that manner and it will be emailed. Please allow 4-6 weeks maximum for delivery of said prize.