The AMV contest for Nekocon 2021 is now officially open!
Categories for the contest are as follows:
You may submit up to 3 videos, to 3 separate categories.
We do ask that your video submissions be made AFTER November 2019!
Submission guidelines and rules are as follows:
1) This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT be tolerated! Any attempt to submit the work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED PERMANENTLY!!!
2) We prefer entries to be submitted in a .mp4 format (no quicktime, please) and with a 720p to 1080p resolution. This ensures quality for you and the contest.
3) PLEASE ONLY submit your video through GOOGLE DRIVE OR DROPBOX! If you submit any other way your submission will be viewed as null and void.
4) NO BUMPERS OR CREDITS permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals. This includes an editor names and video titles being placed before, after, or anywhere in your video as well.
5) The contest IS PG-13, but the following excessive materials are NOT allowed: blatant nudity, excessive blood with major dismemberment of ANY kind, overly foul language/lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities, and any form of suicide. Videos with this content will be immediately disqualified. If the content is questionable it will be put in a special screening to see if it’s acceptable for showing to a con audience.
6) That being said, we reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change at ANY time.
7) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation, watermarks, logos (THIS INCLUDES ANIME TITLES), and Japanese-produced credits (ex opening and closing credits), or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles, will not be accepted and result in automatic disqualification. We will accept Japanese audio of an anime HOWEVER English audio is not allowed due to legalities.
8) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5 minutes, 30 seconds running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation. We will not accept entries with ‘faux’ anime (ex: Castlevania, Blood of Zeus, Legend of Korra)
9) DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns. The contest will also NOT be streamed for the same reasons.
10) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put your submission forms in a .txt document and attach it to your email submission along with the link to your entry. ALL txt documents and AMV submissions should be titled as such ” CATEGORY – EDITOR – AMV NAME “. This makes it easier on us for organizational purposes!!!
Submission Form is as Follows:
You must include a separate form for EACH AMV that you submit. YOUR ENTRY(IES) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS FORM! The form should be submitted as a .txt file that contains the following information:
– Title of AMV
– Full legal name
– Nickname/Editor name/production studio name if applicable
– Mailing address *Optional; If you want to disclose where the amv was made from
– Telephone number (including area code) *Optional; used to contact if absolutely needed
– Email address
– Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
– Name of source video footage
– Name of category you are submitting to
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information. Submit all entries or questions to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11) Winners will be announced during a formal award show at the convention. For the winners, their awards will be emailed as a .pdf out after the convention. We are focused on going green this year and avoiding as much physical contact with things as possible! Please allow for a week after the convention for your awards to be emailed to said winners
Now that you’ve made it this far…
DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 10TH AT 11:59PM EST!!! Have fun and get to editing!