Nekocon is November 1st – 3rd, 2013. Don’t miss 3 days of fun featuring Musical Guest, International Guest, Voice Actor, Industry Guests, Panelists, workshops, Karaoke, Video rooms, Cosplay, Tabletop gaming, LARP, ABJD, and more!
NEKOCON will take place at the Hampton Roads Convention Center.
You can purchase tickets in advance or at the event. The earlier you register, the more you save!
BADGES ARE NOT MAILED. Once you purchase a badge online, you will be entered into our automated registration system. Simply print your receipt and bring it with you to the event.
At the door rates:
Friday pass: $35
Saturday pass: $40
Sunday pass: $30
Full Weekend: $50
Children 6 and under are FREE
Any questions regarding registration can be directed to [email protected]
Registration hours of operation:
(Registration will be in the information corner next to the double stairs)
Thursday: 8pm – 11pm
Friday: 9am – 11pm
Saturday: 9am – 11pm
Sunday: 9am – 1pm
Children under 6 years of age are FREE with a paid parent or guardian. You do not have to purchase a ticket for a child under 7, just let us know that your child is with you when you check in at the show. Your child MUST be with you at the show when you check in so that they can get an admission badge.
Parents/Guardians are responsible for their children at all times. Nekocon accepts no responsibility for children. Parents/Guardians who wish to accompany a child to any convention function or space must have a valid paid badge.
You can download and print a paper registration form (PDF) and mail that in along with payment.
All paper registrations must be postmarked by September 28th. Full Memberships are $40.00
Checks are only accepted for pre-registration. Please read our check policy before you send the payment. During the convention, checks are not accepted. ATM(s) are provided in the convention center and surrounding area.
Returned checks are subject to a $30 return check fee, per incident. Returned checks will result in cancellation of registration until the check and fee are paid.
Online registration is now open until September 15th 11:59pm
Online Registration is open until 09.15 for a weekend pass of $40.00
If you are an advisor or head of an anime club and would like to bring your club to Nekocon 2013, please contact us at [email protected] to discuss any paperwork you may need for your club. We would love to have you and are willing to work with you to bring your club to our convention.
All attendees are required to show photo identification in order to pick-up or purchase a registration. (Attendees 12 and younger who are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian also registered for the convention and bearing the required ID are exempt.)
If you are between the ages of 13-17, and have a student ID from your school that has your legal name and current photo for the 2013/2014 school year, this will be accepted.
If you are between the ages of 13-17 and you do not have any photo ID, but have a parent attending who does have ID and can vouch for who you say you are, this will be accepted.
Accepted forms of identification include:
- Driver’s license or learner’s permit
- State-issued Non-Driver ID Card
- ISIC (International Student Identity Card)
- Government or Military ID
If you or your child does not have a photo ID, you may be able to obtain one at a reasonable fee through your state’s Motor Vehicles office. If you have questions or require assistance, please contact us at [email protected].
Refunds for pre-registration will be available until the 5th of October. Refunds will be made in the same form of payment that was received. Refunds will not be given for onsite registration. Please email [email protected] to inquire about refunds.
after 10/24/2013 0%
All refunds are subject to a $5 administration fee.
Refunds may not be paid until after the convention. Please allow up to 8 weeks for processing. Electronic registration fees, including PayPal fees, are non-refundable
At-Door and Pre-Registration Rollover Policy
Since the attendee rates for the convention may vary from one year to the next, no rollovers of at-door or pre-registrations from one year to the next are allowed. If you are pre-registered to attend Nekocon and cannot attend this year’s convention, please ask for a refund prior to the convention.
At-Door Registration Refund Policy Policy
Generally, no refunds will be issued for at-door registrations purchased at the convention. Exceptions may be made at the sole discretion of the either the Convention Chair or Treasurer. Refund requests must be made during the convention. These personnel may be located by going to the Registration Desk and asking that one of them be contacted via the convention radio.
Other registration information:
- Or attend Nekocon free! If you work 20 hours at the convention, you will earn a free membership to next year’s convention. Set Up on Thursday evening, tear-down on Sunday evening count as double, so you can earn a membership without missing any of the con. For more information, contact us. You cannot transfer an earned membership.
- Need to transfer your membership? Can’t make it to Nekocon, but don’t want your membership to go to waste? You can transfer your paid membership to someone else, as long as you are transferring it to someone else eligible for the same registration type. (i.e. adult to adult, child to child, etc). The seller (that’s you) just needs to send email to [email protected] saying who you’re transferring it to – give all the information you would for a normal registration (name, mailing address, email address, badge name) and we’ll do the transfer.
- All convention members are required to wear their membership badges while in convention areas. Exceptions may be made for special cases, e.g. masquerade participants while on-stage.
By attending Nekocon, you will be subject to the following agreement:
I, [your name] have been made aware that Nekocon is being filmed by the Video Productions Dept. I automatically agree that either I will make the film crew aware if I do not wish to be filmed OR I automatically agree to be filmed and am giving permission to Nekocon, and anyone affiliated to use the footage without compensation or acknowledgement. Camera operators can be approached at any time with any questions or concerns.
Survival Tips during Nekocon:
1. Get enough sleep. ESPECIALLY before you head back home – we want to see you next year!
2. Drink plenty of H2O. There are water towers located around the HRCC to help you stay hydrated.
3. Eat solid food. There will be a map and plenty of information in your program to help you get around.
4. Read (and follow!) the policies so you know what’s up and we all enjoy Nekocon.