Entries for 2012 are now closed! See you at the Show!!
1. To keep sign-ups simple, they will be held solely online. Once we receive the first 30 complete entries, sign-ups will be closed. No sign-ups will be accepted at the convention!
2. There will be a mandatory meeting for all karaoke contestants before the event. The time and place has been determined. This meeting will take place Friday, November 2nd and will be held in Workshop 1 from 4pm -5pm. There will be a brief Q & A, and a sound check for those that need to test music.
Anyone who registered online but does not show up for the mandatory meeting will forfeit their spot as a contestant. There are no exceptions. If you need assistance holding a spot for various reason, please email the staff and we will do what we can to assist you!
3. Contestants are responsible for their own music. We ask that this year, that you send us a MP3 copy of your song in your entry form. Once again, we will be having a sound check in Panel 1 , 4pm-5pm.
4. Karaoke tracks are not required, however we do ask that all music be either from an anime, or video game. We will not allow any J-rock, J-rap, K-pop, K-rock, UNLESS it was used in an anime. English lyrics are only allowed if the song was Originally recorded in English for the Original Japanese Recording. For example, ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ would be acceptable despite being in English because it was featured in Neon Genesis Evangelion. If you have any questions as to whether or not your song is suitable for our contest, we will be happy to let you know. Sorry folks, Gangham Style will not be allowed as an entry, the staff will already be singing it sometime during the show!!
5. To maximize the number of performances, we are limiting song time to five minutes. If your song runs over time, we will fade the music out and your turn will be over.
6. Everyone involved with the karaoke contest puts a lot of time and effort into making the event a memorable one and a great time. Boos, heckles, catcalls or disrespect of any karaoke judge, MC or contestant will result in ejection from the event, regardless of whether or not you are a participant or audience member.
DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS OCTOBER 19TH!!
LET’s SING and DANCE ALL FRIDAY NIGHT!