1. Membership badges must be worn conspicuously at all times within the convention center. If your badge is ever covered, reversed, not worn, or carried inside of a pocket or bag, staff may request that you present it and wear it in a more visible manner or leave the building. Keep this in mind while wearing cosplay outfits. If your membership badge is lost or stolen, you can check to see if it was turned in at Lost and Found located at Nekocon Operations. If you remain unable to locate your membership badge, you must purchase another at full price to remain in convention space.
2. Membership badges are the property of Warui Neko Entertainment even after purchase, are merely a symbol owned by said company to signify that they have allowed you to remain on convention space, and must be surrendered at the request of any senior staff member. If you are ejected from the convention for any reason, there will be no refund for the cost of the membership.
3. Except for designated areas, smoking is prohibited in the convention center and hotels.
4. Anyone caught stealing or shoplifting in any part of the convention space will be ejected from the convention space, remanded to local authorities, and banned from future Nekocon conventions and any Warui Neko Entertainment sponsored events. We also reserve the right to share your name with other conventions in an informal warning system, and the victims of the crime will have the opportunity to prosecute offenders.
5. Cameras, backpacks, oversized coats, large bags, or packages are not allowed in the Nekocon Dance or Art Show. The Dealer’s Room policies are covered under the Dealer’s Room Rules. There is no bag check at these areas and we ask that you do not drop your bags off in front of these events. You are strongly encouraged to leave these in a secure location, such as your hotel room or your vehicle.
6. Warui Neko Entertainment, the Nekocon convention, the Hampton Roads Convention Center and each group’s staff and volunteers will not be held liable for lost or stolen belongings. If any item is lost, please check with Nekocon staff for the Nekocon Lost and Found, and/or the Convention Center’s Lost and Found. Anything left in the hallways will be treated as Lost and Found or trash as the Staff deems necessary to keep the convention center clean. Cleaning staff will do the same as they see fit, often with their own separate Lost and Found. At no time will any Staff member be held responsible for any abandoned items, even if they interacted with said item after abandonment. Please keep personal items on your person or inside your hotel room or car for safe keeping.
7. Attendees will refrain from wearing signs that offer paid or free services in public. No flyers will be permitted that offer other forms of paid or free non-approved solicitation. (ie: Glomp Me, Hugs For a $1, Back Rubs for Free, Follow me for Glow Sticks).
8. Please note Virginia Code article § 4.1-304-5 in regards to the legal drinking age in the Commonwealth of Virginia. You must be 21 years of age to have, purchase, drink, or transport alcohol under most circumstances. Private parties off of convention space are the responsibility of the individuals throwing the party. Do not carry any open alcoholic beverages around the convention area. Virginia Code § 18.2-388 prohibits public intoxication or public profane swearing. Please remain within the confines of your home or hotel room if intoxicated. Please keep noise levels to a minimum to avoid disorderly conduct under Virginia Code article § 18.2-415 and other Hampton city laws governing noises which disturb public peace.
9. No attendee shall be allowed to solicit, free or for any amount of money, any product or service from a hotel room associated with the Nekocon convention.
10. Do not damage the Hampton Roads Convention Center or associated hotels. interiors, exteriors, or private property in any way. Signs or flyers may not be hung on any wall within the Convention Center or associated hotel without explicit permission from building staff. There will be a message/flyer posting area provided for such materials to be posted.
11. Nekocon will not tolerate fighting of any scale, swearing, or any other activities which could be deemed not family friendly or illegal. Any such behavior will be judged on a case-by-case basis and may result in ejection from the convention center and contact with local authorities.
12. Nekocon will not tolerate the use of any illegal drugs or drug related paraphernalia within the convention space. Any reports of drug use will be turned over to local law enforcement.
13. There will be no sleeping permitted in the Hampton Roads Convention Center. Most hotels have similar rules related to their lobby and public spaces. Anyone found sleeping outside of these spaces on private or public land may be asked to move at any time and/or ejected from private land.
14. There are no cameras allowed in the Art Show, and there is no photography allowed in the Art Show or Dealer’s Room.
15. When taking pictures please be respectful of those around you. Do not block any attendee passage of travel or obstruct any public area. For large groups or those wanting their photo taken away from the general throng, there will be a photo area in the Bazaar (Hall B).
16. All local, state, and federal laws are in affect and are enforced at all times. Local authorities will be either present or nearby to assist in enforcing these laws for the entirety of the convention period.
17. You must be at least 18 years of age and provide valid proof of age (ie: Drivers License or other form of Photo ID) to VIEW or PURCHASE adult materials in any location on convention space. This includes, but is not limited to, hentai anime, DVDs, manga, doujinshi, periodicals, and live films.
18. The Nekocon and Convention Center Staff both reserve the right to deny entry to the Nekocon convention space at any time, for any reason, without having to provide said reason. Disputes with Staff over this or any other rule can be taken up with the Head of that Staff member’s department or the Nekocon Convention Chairperson, in that order. Convention Center Staff can only direct complaints to Nekocon Staff on your behalf, and should be allowed to run the Convention Center itself.
19. Please note that the Nekocon General rules are subject to change before, during, or after the convention, and changes may be made with or without advance notice or written notification. All updates will be provided as soon as possible and posted clearly, but any immediate changes agreed to by staff will be immediate and binding to the current convention period.
20. Shoes must be worn at all times.
21. We know that there are some risqué costumes out there. We have no problem with these as long as you follow the below guidelines:
A:You are required to wear a nude body suit under your costume if your costume would be rated above a PG rating. If you are not sure, bring one anyway you can always consult the Cosplay coordinators if you have any questions.
B:Intentional flashing of any kind could result in the immediate removal from the convention.
22. Roller Skates and Roller Blades may not be worn inside the convention center. In addition stilts may only be worn on the first floor unless Warui Neko Entertainment, the Nekocon convention, the Hampton Roads Convention Center or any of the above groups’ staff or volunteers deems that you pose a danger to yourseld or other convention attendees.
23. The decisions of the Convention Chairman / Vice-Chairman are absolutely final.